Our house was built in 1900, and the closets are all placed in the corners of the bedrooms with space to hang like...five things. This is pretty standard for homes of this age, so I was thrilled that I could have a walk-in closet thanks to a small room upstairs with a cabinet.
This is my current wish list for updating the closet:
1. I would love for the cabinet to be stained or painted black, like in the inspiration pics above.
2. We live in the South, and as such almost every room in the house has a ceiling fan. I could go on a whole diatribe about ceiling fans, but I'll spare you. I'm hoping to replace the fan in this room with a sparkly chandelier.
3. A full-length mirror that I did not buy from the dollar store. Though they always make me look 10 pounds thinner, which is hard to turn down.
4. While our house escaped a lot of the destruction that can come from being converted into a duplex (and then back into a single family), there are still many cheap fixes that we have to repair. Like painting wood the same color as...wood. So we need to strip the brown paint off the floor and look for a soft rug to stand on while dressing.
5. I'm planning on painting the walls white, but nude pink paint samples have been trying to work their way into the inspiration folder.
6. The closet is the only place that we are thinking about painting the wood trim white. I'm not going to make a decision until I paint the walls and finish the cabinet.